With level of protection IP54
Interrogation monitor (FBG)
FBG interrogation monitor with level of protection IP54
The FBG interrogation unit FIU – 44 – 1.55 with level of protection IP54 (dustproof and waterproof) provides registration of optical signals from fiber-optic sensors for various physical quantities based on Fiber Bragg Gratings (FBGs).
Measurable physical quantities:
By using various sensor head types, an FIU-based flexible multipurpose telemetry system can be constructed. Multipoint, quasi-distributed, or point simultaneous measurements can be implemented with such a system, the measurable physical quantities being as follows:
PARAMETER / ARTICLE
|Spectral width of an optical channel, nm||1510 ÷ 1595||1525 ÷ 1595|
|Polarization state of the light source||partially polarized||depolarized|
|The number of optical channels**||4 / 8/ 16|
|The number of sensors per channel||16 (8)|
|Range of intensities of the registered optical signals, dBm||-80 ÷ -20|
|Dynamic range, dB||30|
|Total optical power light source, dBm***||0|
|Sampling frequency, kHz||4 (8)|
|Software||The FBG interrogator is equipped with a built-in fully functional software|
|Output interfaces||USB 2/0, SVGA, RS232****, RS485****|
|Power consumption, W||< 200|
|Protection class IEC 60529||IP54|
|Working temperature range, ºС||+5 ÷ +45|
|Humidity, % (no condensation)||< 80|
|Power supply, V/Hz||220/50|
* – the S-series of the FBG interrogation units have the partial polarization of the output radiation. As result it has greater measurement error when using fiber optic sensors.
** – sensor which consists of a single Bragg grating (FBG).
*** – on the request, up to 10dBm.
**** – on the request
Advantages of the fiber-optic sensors:
- high sensitivity and speed;
- high immunity to noises and electromagnetic interferences, such as microwave and magnetic fields, spark discharge, and electromagnetic pulses of any nature and any intensity;
- full electrical safety, which is due to the absence of electric circuits between the sensor and the registration module;
- full explosion and fire safety, high chemical resistance of the sensing elements;
Areas of application:
- energy production, including nuclear and thermonuclear installations;
- aviation and cosmonautics;
- land, water and underwater transport;
- metallurgy and chemical industry;
- oil and gas production;
- pipeline transport;
- security systems;
- scientific research.