DLaTGS Pyroelectric Detectors
Deuterated Lanthanum α Alanine doped TriGlycine Sulphate (DLaTGS) detectors exhibit the most effective pyroelectric effect known. Their major application is FTIR.
DLaTGS is used as the detector material when the highest possible performance is required. Although there are many other possible uses, their major application is FTIR.LASER COMPONENTS can produce any configuration: In addition to the well-known VM configurations, we are also capable of manufacturing CM devices. You cannot get these DLaTGS CM devices anywhere else.Temperature-stabilized versions. TEC devices are also supplied in TO-99 and TO-37 packages: They are single-stage Peltier devices with a control thermistor. The purpose of these versions is to tune and maintain the detector in the operational sweet spot.
- Pyroelectric Detectors: Materials, Applications, and Working Principle (PDF, 142.0 KB)
- Pyroelectrics vs. Thermopile IR Detectors (PDF, 175.7 KB)
- Demystifying D* (And Other Radiometric Terms) Application Note 09-01 (PDF, 45.5 KB)
- Laser Power and Energy Measurements with Pyroelectric IR Detectors (PDF, 63.6 KB)
- Calculation of NET (Noise Equivalent Temperature) for a Thermal (Black) Pyroelectric IR Detector (PDF, 82.4 KB)
- Noise in Pyroelectric IR Detectors (PDF, 260.0 KB)